Friday 5 December 2014

Dragonmeet Countdown

So, spent most of the day travelling down to London, and while it’s not normally a journey that takes the whole day, had to drop into Sheffield to get Pete, and then down to Leicester to get Graham.  It’s as well both of them are excellent company, because the journey down was a long one, as any journey that goes through London when there’s a possibility of Traffic in it will be.

Cheerfully though, Good company, shorter journey, so six hours didn’t seem like quite so very long at all, which is an excellent thing.  Arrived to find that the staff in the Ibis are phenomenally more helpful than the staff at other hotels I’ve had to do conventions at, and that every request is met with “No Problem”, “I’ve got it”, or “I don’t know, but I’ll go find out right now” which they promptly do...

So here’s the hall, devoid of most traders


Here’s the RPG rooms before we set them up


Quiet...?

I like to savour these moments before the Storm...

So tomorrow, just as it was with Kensington Town Hall all those years ago, new place, new start, and we’ll see what comes of it by the end of tomorrow, there’ll be a convention report in all this somewhere, but at this point in time, I’m just trying to make sure that it all goes off right in the first place.

Check in with me tomorrow and I’ll let you know how we’ve done...