Wednesday 17 August 2016

So what's going on, several posts a week to almost none for the whole week...?

The problem with having an active life is that sometimes you wish it were less active...

For example, since the 11th, Jude and I went down to the FFG nationals to help Mike Budd and the team with the organisation of the tournament and the operational running of the main desk.  We stayed down there till the middle of the day on saturday when (to be honest) we weren't needed anymore and the FFG guys could more than handle it.

Sunday spent the entire day working on Dragonmeet, Organised Play for Achtung Cthulhu (coming soon, promise), finishing off Drops of Blood (coming by the end of this week if I don't get anyone saying Ye Gods at the content).

Monday and Tuesday at the day job

And today...

Well, Todays been another day I've spent with mum, and while it's good that I get to spend time with her, the reason that I spend time with her every wednesday isn't so very good.

But Chemotherapy never is...

It's not the first time I've been with her to these sessions, and while we hope for the best, sometimes settling for what we have might be all we have.  In this particular case, what started out as Breast cancer has spread to a number of places.

Incurable but not untreatable is how it's been described...

Of course, hope springs eternal, as it should, and indeed as it must, when you sit in a room of people all having chemotherapy, the thought occurs that even though many may have cancers that aren't curable, they're not there to wait for death, they're there because they're intent on living.

Cancer is a terrible thing, but speak to those who've been through Chemotherapy, I'll wager many will tell you that the cure is as bad as the disease itself, which makes it all the more heartening to see how many of them are upbeat in the face of what's going on.  Some people have loved ones with them, some don't, but no one should have to go though that room by themselves, so between mum and me, we end up talking to most of the people in there, and the day goes faster as a result.  Sometimes it's just mum and me, and these days take between four and eight hours depending on how well results go or how well medication is working, but it's no hardship to sit with someone you love.

So if (as some have found today) I'm not available all that much on Wednesdays, there's a real good reason why I'm not available, and I'll get back to you when I get mum home...