Sunday 28 August 2016

Pengineering - What do you carry things in?



My brother is a man known for finding amazing things, particularly when he knows what you like...

I like pens...

I also like inks...

So on my birthday, when he came to me and gave me a box, I had some idea of what it might contain...

I had no idea it would be this good...


The box is wooden, with a brass lock hinge on the front, and inside was mounted three sets of inserts with a single pen presented upon them.  Pretty enough, but not as functional as it could be, and I'm a pengineer, so I had to tinker with it...

With this in mind, I stripped out the card inserts and used them to line the inner of the box with the same colours, which had the added bonus of increasing the amount of space within the box.  Where once the box had held these...


Now the box holds all of these...


And when you're packing them away, even more still...


So that's Nine different inks, one glass dip pen, two nib holders, eight nibs, and a disposable brush pen for when the Kanji mood takes me...  I still have a pen roll with which to tempt the unsuspecting to the path of the dark ink, and while I'm not quite to the level of



I think I'm probably getting there...

I love this box, carry it most places with me because it's solid, all the inks fit in perfectly without rolling around, and with the lock on the front, I don't have to worry about it opening and spilling everywhere...

What does everyone else use?