Wednesday 6 May 2015

Are nice notebooks intimidating...?


I've always had a problem with notebooks, and I suspect I'm not alone, because my problem with notebooks is that when you have a really nice one, you find yourself afraid to write in it, because you don't want the notebook to be anything less than perfect all the way through, and leaving corrections or having to remove a page in some way make the notebook less perfect...


Or at least reminds everyone else who might read it that you made a mistake...


And so when I found something that was both a nice notebook and one that I wouldn't be worried about writing in, I was suitably cheerful...


Enter the Zlyc refillable journal.

They come in two sizes, pocket and full sized, and the basic format of them is similar to that of the midori notebooks that came into vogue some time ago.  The shell of the journal is a leather cover with an elastic band placed in the binding.


And then another placed lengthways through that band, into which any type of journal can be inserted


And changed about if you prefer


or swapped out completely...


This appeals to my OCD on a number of levels, not least of which because the notebooks themselves are cheap and cheerful, so I don't mind writing notes and scribbling things in them, because I know that this particular book will never run out, I'll just keep adding things to it.

What of everyone else, favourite books that make you want to write in them...?