Monday 9 January 2017

On the subject of Late Kickstarters


Yep, back on the Kickstarter thing, because I've been a little disillusioned of late with regards to the updates that have been coming through.  I know that it's likely because real delays had only occurred on a few of the Kickstarters I'd backed, and those weren't for large amounts of money and in many cases, were things I backed on a whim.

There have been a few in recent years that I backed not for me but for others, and I've found that when those kickstarters get delayed, I start to get annoyed...

I'm also going to stop backing video game kickstarters, because the potential for them to overrun with even the slightest provocation is colossal.  The exceptions to this will be anything done by Harebrained Games and similar companies who I know to be good for what they offer.

Meanwhile, today's rant will be for Paranoia...

Because I backed that for my brother, as a Christmas present for 2015...

And moreover, because we got another update today...

In which the publication date was pushed back yet further...

After we'd been promised that the goods would be in our hands for January 16th, good said I, for my brothers birthday is in February, so win for the win, better late than never, job done...

Apparently not...

Why not...?

Because despite having the proofs in hand in December and saying that the big button had been pressed to order all the other copies, instead what happened was that a second set of proofs were ordered, just to make sure everything was "Perfect..."

It's a bit less than perfect from where I'm bloody sitting, I'll tell you that...

I don't mind when things go wrong, Tell me...
I don't mind when the printers burn down, Tell me...
I don't mind when you overestimated your own ability, Tell me...

I do mind when you say you're going to do something and then do something else...
I do mind when you promise me something on a day and then don't deliver through nothing beyond your own bad decisions...

And above all

I do mind that you think I don't read the updates and so won't see that you're contradicting what you said before...

I do read the updates...
I sometimes wish I hadn't...
But I do read all of them...

So the date is now March, Sorry bruv, it'll have to be something else, but we'll get it eventually...

and hopefully it'll have six clones of itself in the box as a way of saying sorry for being so late....