Tuesday 12 January 2016

UK Games Expo Submissions going live this week.

Been a bit busy the last few days because we're in the run up to starting things off at Expo, and that tends to eat a fair bit of my other time with all the work that it entails.  However, we're nearly there, the submissions portal will open in the next few days, and while many know the score when it comes to submitting games, there's always going to be new people coming in, so here's the details...

www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk

It's between Friday 3rd of June and Sunday 5th of June this year, the trade hall is now NEC hall one, the largest of the halls that the NEC provides and more than double the overall space we had in the hilton last year, and that's just on trade.

But what about games...?

Well, this year we finalised all the roles in the senior team, and I'm now both Organised Play Manager and Floor Manager, but at Expo, we don't do role descriptions the way most companies do, so my entire duties there are as follows.

Floor Manager: Make sure it runs well...
Organised Play Manager: Make it awesome...

And there's the good news...

The whole of the Hilton is given over to gaming, I've had a number of people contact me about various things they want to run, and I'm now at the stage where I can start giving out details of what's going to be happening there.  We've always worked on the premise of doing things at Expo that you can't do at home, because if you can do them at home, why would you come to Expo?

So for starters...

Official Chaosium sponsored Cthulhu Masters RPG tournament.
D&D 5th Edition Epic scenario getting it's first viewing at Expo.
All day 50 player X-com Megagame.
Wyverns Lair game design panel, get your chance to take your game before the UK's best games companies...

And before the end of the month I'll have confirmation on the other games that are going to be there including Netrunner, Xwing, Catan, and others...

But I want more...

We've got the space, we've got the people coming in, there's more demand for games than there's ever been, and I need to fulfill those demands, so here's the thing, I want people to come up with ideas of things they want to see there, of games they want to play, things they want to do.  If I can't do it, I'll at least know it's out there, and I'll work towards it.  Five year ago we were a quarter of this size, and five years from now I want it to be the sort of convention where you can do anything.

But I can't do it without all of you...

Talk to me...