Monday 14 September 2015

Pengineering - The Heart of Darkness...

And so last week, I mentioned that I was testing out a few different inks to see if there was something that suited my need for a particular type of black.  There wasn't much in them, but the Heart of Darkness ink was an absolute black compared to the Bulletproof black which was dark, but not absolute, so Heart of Darkness it was to be...


As it happened, there was, but the problem was that you couldn't get that shade of black in this country without spending far more money than I was willing to put against it, or so I thought...

Having been unable to secure Heart of Darkness, I opted for Bulletproof Black and went over to Purepens to see if they had any in stock, imagine my surprise when I found that they were stocking Heart of Darkness right next to it...


This was an omen...

So, the next day, a box arrived containing the ink I'd ordered and a few things besides, the explanation was by way of a note that had clearly been crammed in there with everything else, further proof if I needed it that this is all the work of one man who just likes pens and ink...


What I got in here was the huge bottle of Heart of Darkness ink (128ml), with a badly stuck on sticker featuring an image from the Dark continent, and then two pens...


The first one being a "Free Tinker" to allow people to get used to the idea of playing around with fountain pens and see how they work for themselves...


Free...


The second being one of the regular noodlers pens called a "Charlie" which is already set up for use.


More on this as I get to work, but no cartridge in either pen, both designed to have ink dropped into the barrel and feed from there, samples to follow when I've got it worked out...