Friday 21 August 2015

August, it seems, is a month for kickstarters doing well....



I do back more kickstarters than I should, I really do, I know this, but I tend to back things to small amounts and often, rather than larger amounts and often, which is not an excuse, but it does make me feel better about them.

Still, on the back of Feng Shui 2 and Exploding Kittens, something else came in the post today.

These are AKO dice...


What drew me to these dice was the simple way in which they've been designed.  Every face has a line or part of a line on it, and those lines combine together to form the number for that face, it's a very simple concept, but one that's been very well presented and designed.  For example


One, Two...


Three, Four...


Five, Six...

And as you can see from the pictures, there are no dots on these, everything is a line that has a place on at least two sides.  Takes a little bit of getting used to, but they're well constructed, reasonable weight, and while they weren't the cheapest dice I've ever bought (Worked out at around $3.50 each including the shipping from Thailand), they are amongst the most eyecatching that I've ever seen.

Did I mention some of them glow (and I mean really glow) in the dark...?


They're setting up the store sometimes soon at http://www.ako-dice.com/